Title: The Antichrists Are Here
Text: 18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
24Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. 26These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.(1 John 2:18-27)
- When John wrote this letter he stated that there had been many antichrists that had risen on to the scene in the brief sixty years since the day of Pentecost.
- And there has been many more since John’s time.
- Satan has been the architect and ringleader of the anti-God agenda.
The Actions of the Antichrists
1. They Depart From Us - vs. 18-19
- 1 Timothy 4:1, “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter timessome shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;”
- 1 Peter 4:7, “But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.”
- 2 Peter 3:3, “Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last daysscoffers, walking after their own lusts,”
- Jude 1:18, “How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.”
- We have no reason to fear – because the genuine children of God will always stay true and faithful to their God.
§ 1 Peter 1:5, “ Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”
§ Jude 1:24-25, “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.”
2.They Deny Sound Doctrine - vs. 20-25
- Who is Jesus Christ?
- What will you do with Jesus?
Romans 10:17, “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
BELIEVE BY FAITH
John 3:15-18, “That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Romans 10:9-10, 13, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. ... 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
3.They Try to Deceive the Christian - vs. 26
o 2 John 1:7, “7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.”
o 1 Peter 3:15, “15 But sanctify [render, acknowledge]the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready [prepared, ready at hand]always [continually, eternally]to give an answer [verbal defense]to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness [mildness of disposition, gentleness of spirit, strength under control]and fear [reverence]:”
o John 10:4-5, 7-8, “And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. ... 7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.”
- John’s second letter gives further warning about the danger of the antichrists.
- It is imperative that we take note, rise to the challenge and be on guard to the antichrists all around us.